Monday, April 7, 2008

On The Farm

Saturday was Hattie’s big photo shoot. She did pretty well at first, but then mostly wanted to run around and explore the lights, props and mirror nearby. I do think we got a few good ones and I am super anxious to see them! The photographer said it would only take a week or so for her to edit them and we’ll get a password to check them out on the website. Yipee!
After the ‘shoot’ we went to Deanna Rose Farmstead out south and played. It was the first time we’d gone and we will definitely go back…it’s so cool! Plus, it’s free. They had tons of goats to feed, ponies to ride, ponds to fish, ‘cows’ to milk, and birds to see. I loved it. We mostly just walked around and looked at things and observed the kids running around. I do love that Hattie finally got to see some real farm things and animals. Now she can associate real animals with her toys, and her tractor with a big one. If you live in KC and haven’t gone, you must!
And I guess I’ll end on a down note for me…I failed to lose any poundage this week. Boo! Not sure why (although I won’t mention the loads of margaritas and Mexican food I partook of on Friday). My weekend was filled with a little more splurging than I planned on, but I thought my good week would’ve at least had me down a pound or two. I am taking it in stride though, and promised myself to work out harder this week. I am already feeling better, and I swear I can tell a difference in my tone after just 2 weeks. Really!

No comments: