Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I am, indeed, still alive. The blog barely is.

Okay, okay….I know it’s been a million years since I’ve posted. I often think about doing it, but then one of several things happens; 1) I don’t feel clever or creative 2) My life doesn’t seem all that exciting to warrant a new post 3) I’m too lazy to spend what little free time I have on a post 3 people will read or 3) I’m too freaking busy to sit down and write even a few words. The excuses keep coming, I know. But here I am damn it.

Lots of little things are going on…we’ve got a vacation planned – hooray!- more on that another day. Hattie is being sweet and smart and funny all the time. I’m still falling more in love every day, if that’s possible. We’ve been doing lots of little activities lately….Worlds of Fun, the pumpkin patch, apple orchard, petting zoo, soccer games. I love being out in the fall…it’s such a crisp time of year. (I also feel like we need to get everything in before it gets too damn cold to do anything outside!) We have a Halloween party coming up this weekend at Mom and Dad’s. My princess will be in full regalia (we hope) and I will post some pics afterwards to get you all in the Halloweenie mood. By the way, I’m talking Hattie the princess, not Brian. Although that conjures up some interesting mental pics. Click! On a side note, my running has been going well lately…putting in what, for me, is a good amount of mileage. But what for most actual runners, would be pathetic. Whatever. I am signed up for my first 10k (6.2 miles) beginning of November. I’m looking forward to it! 10ks are hard to come by around here. Though there is nothing better than a cool autumn run. Except for a mental pic of Brian in a pink sparkly dress and tiara…

1 comment:

starnes family said...

I like the way you think.

Glad to read this. Was just thinking the other day, "I wonder what happened to her blog?"

We are enjoying our first fall in KC. It's lovely here. And, one day, we must get together!

First weekend of November? Even just a pizza/wine get together. I'll host! Call or email when you have a second, but please don't let me interrupt any sweet thoughts about Brian in a tiara.