Monday, June 30, 2008

Beeezzzz


This is a “show me your teeth” picture. She looks like a grade schooler in it…so big! Of course, the greasy hair from wiping her dinner in it should be a hint that she, indeed, is not in grade school. And thank goodness – I am not ready for that! Its going by too fast already. I know I will be one of those teary-eyed moms dropping their kindergartner off at school and bawling the whole way home. At least I won’t be in the minority…
We have lots more new words this week– door, hotdog (otdah), guitar (atar), star, heart, shoes (oshes), eyebrow, bug, hat, and my favorite - please (sounds like beeezzz).
Wanted to put one 'hooray for me' in, too. I ran about 4 miles yesterday and felt awesome doing it. I definitely have the running bug these days. I could've kept going all day had it not been for some old-timer's knees they inserted where mine should be. I have been an off and on jogger for years, but this is by far the best I've felt doing it and have really hit my stride (no pun intended). If I keep going like this and can get past the '4 mile hurt', I may try a half marathon towards the end of summer or early fall. I won't win any speed awards, but I would like to try and accomplish one. We'll see.

No comments: