Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Countdown is On

Well I am officially signed up for the KC (Half) Marathon. Eek! I am very excited about it – and a little nervous as well. My training is going great, although I think I should be running longer distances than I currently am. Hopefully I can step it up in the next couple of weeks. I have plenty of time left (13 weeks), but the training schedules I’ve looked at say I should be logging about 17-27 miles a week, with one 10miler in there. I’ve only completed a 6 miler as my long run. Hopefully next week I can log an 8 and get more on track. At this point, if I were to run it tomorrow (which I couldn’t!) it would take me at least 2 hours and 20 minutes. So, I am also hoping to improve my time as I get more endurance logged in. Hopefully that just ‘comes’ as I begin training harder. We’ll see. They say rookies shouldn’t be concerned about time, but 2h20m is a long time to run! On Saturday I am running in a SIDS 5K for a friend of mine. I hope to beat my current always-a-10-minute-mile streak and break 30 minutes. My adrenaline and fellow runners should motivate me to speed up some. Am I boring you all? I hope not, because this is my ‘big thing’ right now and will probably continue to talk about it! Wish me luck. And if you see me red faced and panting along the side of the road, give me a shout.

3 comments:

Jeff Mantel said...

I know you can do it, Ame. Good luck!
If we were bored, I don't think we'd come here for updates, pics and insight.
Love ya
Ba

gbadrich said...

Go get 'em Amy!!!! I am proud of you for even attempting to run the 1/2 marathon. I say this while I am eating bon-bons on my couch. HA!!!! j/k! Good luck sista'!

Emily said...

You rule! You know if I could get my ass out there to cheer you on I would. I might even paint my face.
Atta Girl!
XOXO
Em