Thursday, May 20, 2010

Not what I was thinking...

The other day Hattie and I were out running errands. We were discussing a Clifford book we had checked out from the library a few months ago. In it, one of Clifford’s friends has to go right home because his mom is calling him home for dinner. (I know, you’re on the edge of your seats already…you can check it out from the library to find out how it ends.) In my motherly mind, I am thinking of what a great opportunity this is to inject how important it is for kids to listen and do what their mom’s say. So, I reiterate this to Hattie. Her response? “Yeah, he has to go home right then so his mama doesn’t eat all his dinner!” Touché young one, touché.

2 comments:

starnes family said...

Makes sense to me!

Amy said...

Yeah, what does that say about our house? Yes....I clean my plate AND hers all the time!