Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tomato Protection

I’ve always been amazed at children’s ability to learn language. Hattie has gone from being a helpless, drooling, unfocused little being to jumping, giggling, reading and talking nonstop in just 3 short years. Although sometimes we still lose a little in translation. Here are a couple of my favorites of late:
Mama, you may have to hold my hand on the apple-gator (escalator).
You’re making me gravy! (crazy)
Hokey pokey snokey! (Okey dokey smokey!)
If there’s a fire, you go outside. If there’s a tomato you go in the closet and protect your head. (tornado drills at daycare)

We’ve been super-busy lately installing our beautiful new bamboo floors and then rewarding ourselves with an adult-only weekend at the lake. Hattie had a blast at my Mom and Dad’s house and actually told me when we got home she wanted to live there forever. Guess the only thing we need to worry about when leaving her in the future is whether or not we’ll get her back! Although I’m pretty sure my parents would help usher her out the door. Ha!
On a more frightening front, my triathlon is next weekend! I am crazy-underprepared. Haven’t been doing brick workouts, haven’t swam in several months, been busy laying floors and drinking at the lake instead of training, and now I have a head cold to boot. My goal has gone from finishing near middle of the pack to not finishing dead last! Will give you all a race report in a couple weeks.

No comments: