Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Thanks, Pork

Things have been busy lately. I figured with the flooring project 99.99% finished (and awesome!) that the last bit of our summer would sail smoothly into the sunset. You know that never happens. But, we just roll along and try to keep up with the surges. Last week, I hosted 2 parties – one swanky (well, swanky for me anyhow) girl’s jewelry night and one Brooks’ family grab-some-pizza and beer night on Friday. Then we spent the remainder of the weekend at the in-laws hanging out with Brian’s big brother and wife visiting from TX. It was a lot of fun. And a lot of food. And even more beer. The HM training had already been sporadic, to say the least. The 30 pounds of appetizers and dozens of beers did not help. I did manage to get a long run in on Saturday – 7 miles – but probably should’ve stopped at 5-6, with the lack of short runs during the week. I just felt so good that I kept going and now I have sore hips. Super. I swear 2G if its not one damn thing it’s another. Shin splints, stress fractures, IT band flares – it all sucks. Can’t a girl just run? I figured all my cross training and weight training would’ve helped, but nno-ooo. Stupid body. I’m going to stick with it and see how things progress this week.

Hattie is one week away from preschool! I can’t even believe it. She’s growing up so fast. Some days I swear she’s an 11 year old in a 3 year old’s body. Of course, other days, she’s an infant. Such is the life of a toddler, I suppose.
Here are your Hattie-isms for the week. Enjoy.
* When I told her the circus was coming to town and asked if she would like to go she responded with, “No, I don’t want to GO to the circus, I want to JOIN the circus.”
* When playing house (which we do All.The.Time. now), she lets me know me when I fall out of character. It’s usually worded, “You have to talk to me like a visitor, Mama.” Even though everyone knows my visitor name is Fifi Rodriguez.
* During another day of playing house (sigh) I asked her what her name was going to be. “I think I want it to start with a P” she responded. “How about Pearl?” I offer. “No, let’s go with Pork” is the reply. “Okay Pork, thanks for having me over” answered Mrs. Rodriguez.

1 comment:

starnes family said...

OK, I don't care for the circus myself, but if Hattie were interested in joining, Jack could totally be her sidekick. That dude is a super freak.