Thursday, October 4, 2007

HP Update



Hello. Long time no type. It’s been pretty busy around here, but thought I would throw in a Hattie update for you all. She’s been nothing but fun lately. Pointing at everything, ‘oohing’ a lot, and cruising the furniture like crazy. I initially thought she’d be walking by Halloween, but I don’t think she’ll be there. As much as she likes being upright, she doesn’t really seem in a big hurry. This is fine by me. We still haven’t proofed the house like we should’ve by now. But she is mellow enough that she’s content in the family room where she has full reign or in her pack and play upstairs. And I’ll take it while I can!
My mom made her a book with pictures of our family. It says, “We All Love Hattie” on the cover. Inside is a head shot of everyone with their name written above it. She absolutely loves looking through it. The last page is a picture of her. She’ll point at everyone as the pages are turned, but when she gets to the end, she smiles really wide, points and says “tata”. Will she be a total narcissist if her first word is ‘Hattie’? I don’t know if she really understands that is her or if it is just that one girl she sees in pictures and the one that is always watching her in the mirror. She is cute…
Here are a couple of new pics. One is at her activity table that she loves and the other is in the sink getting a quick bath. She pretty much overtakes the sink, but she likes it. It must remind her of when she was just a couple months old and would get baths in the kitchen. My, how she’s grown.

No comments: