Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"I think we got the best one"

Does every parent think they have the best kid? Because if they do, they’re all wrong. We do. Hattie Pearl has been so much fun lately. She is becoming more her own little person every day and I must say I love what she is becoming. She has always been an extremely mellow child, pretty content with whatever is happening, a great sleeper, a good eater, and lately her comedic side is really emerging. She cracks me up all the time. She is pointing and “oohing’ at everything. She loves to play peek-a-boo and will laugh like crazy if you act silly. She also does silly things for a laugh. Its amazing to me that kids know silly and embarrassment at such a young age. How do they know? Is silliness a genetic trait? Do you inherit your ancestors’ embarrassment gene? Crazy.
Anyhow, she is beginning to stand unassisted for brief periods now, and will take a wobbly step or two unaided. Brian and I predict her walking right around her first birthday next month. I can’t believe we are already getting to a year. Man, its flown by…
Other things she’s been working on lately include Eskimo kisses, waving, and driving, as seen here.

No comments: