Friday, November 2, 2007

Smack-talkin

There are two people in my life that I idolize for their ability to be nice no matter what. My brother and my friend Wick. They are extraordinary at being kind to everyone and never gossiping. Never. When I say anything negative to my brother, he just smiles and listens but never adds comments or fuel to the fire. And he does it with such ease, in no way getting sucked into the negativity. I went to high school with Wick and she, for all four years, never said one unkind thing about anyone we knew. And we knew some real a-holes. She was loved by everyone and made me want to get on that bandwagon and join her, but I never quite made it. My life has been a series of jumping on, falling back off and running to get back on. Most days I am still running for it, only to let my big mouth get in the way and eat dust behind the wagon again. There are people that I want to scream at, or to anyone who will listen about how much I dislike them. Right now I am listening to a lady at work that makes me wants to pull my hair out and commit hari-kari. Why do I need to let anyone know I don’t like her? What do they care? What good will it do me to say it? My attitude needs to improve. I want to take the high road on the wagon, I really do, but the world is full of a*holes and I feel the need to be in the front of the pack pointing out which ones are. Starting today, I am making a commitment to kindness, positivity and compassion. It is going to be a struggle, it always has been, but I am now going to make a concerted effort to be better. Now, if you hear me talking smack you have my permission to call me an a*hole.
I told you the world was full of ‘em.

No comments: