Friday, October 10, 2008

Three Things

1. I am officially out of the half marathon. My knee just won’t let me. I’ll be doing the lowly, godforsaken 5K with the other idiots that can’t manage the half or full, damn it.
2. My sweet tooth has been uncontrollable lately. If I hadn’t just had my blood checked, I would have thought I was diabetic. Seriously, I could eat sweet baked goods 24-7. I’ve had a pudding and a Twix today and its not even 2pm. My weight loss is going to come screaming back if I don’t watch it.
3. I am taking off work the week after next. Just planning some piddly little things (storytime at the library, a trip to Lawrence with Mom, a night in a lake cabin with Brian and Hattie…)and I really couldn’t be more excited. A vacation is much needed and long overdue. Hooray!

2 comments:

Jeff Mantel said...

If they are "idiots" for not being able to run a half-marathon, what does that make me if I can't run even the 5k?

Anonymous said...

Jeff- I'm an idiot too. I can hardly walk around the block! ;)