Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sunny Days





We woke up today and headed out to the pumpkin patch/cider festival. I don't know what it is about sunny autumn days but they are so vibrant. I love how vivid the pictures turned out. Hattie had fun, although there wasn't quite as much to do there as I had thought. Still a nice morning. We came home, played in her car (as you can see in the "Cheese!" picture) and she's now down for the count. Good times.
I'm trying to think of new things she's doing these days--let's see...
She can count to 10.
Knows all her letters.
She's still completely obsessed with the cartoon "Oswald" (on Noggin) - she wants to watch it all the time. He's been relegated to 1 episode before bedtime. But if you have a pen/pencil/crayon in your hand, you are asked to draw Oswald and all his friends. I think we have about 3,000 poorly drawn pictures of Oswald and Daisy floating around our house at the moment.
We're also into opposites right now. When she gets in her car, she says 'in' - then steps out, says 'out' - etc. That's for everything, on/off, up/down, in/out, etc.
She's saying more and more everyday and pretty much continuously cracks Brian and me up. I LOVE this age! People are so right - it only gets more and more fun!
Enjoy the beautiful weather!!!

1 comment:

Jeff Mantel said...

It's great to see smiling Hattie! It is also great to see that sweater put to good use. I always loved that sweater.