Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Fun

Happy belated Easter! We had a great weekend – busy, but fun. Brian played on Friday to a packed house at Kennedy’s while I enjoyed an empty/sleeping house with a big bowl of popcorn. Saturday we ran loads of errands and then I spent the evening (and early morning!) with my closest girlfriends as an early birthday treat for me and Ferk. It was such a blast, and as most all my friends mentioned – a much needed night away! For Easter we went to my M&D’s for brunch (mmmmmm!) and then hit Brian’s family for dinner. It was a long day (especially after the margaritas from Saturday), but definitely a good one. Hattie crashed in about 2 seconds after putting her to bed, and I did about the same. (On a side note - Hattie told me "Happy Easter Bunny, Mama" when I laid her down last night. So sweet.) I had to put the thought of my impending race out of my head so that I could sleep. Six days and counting. My running has been iffy lately - - I took the last 2 weeks off and the week before that I cut way back on miles due to some shin problems. I ran a couple of 3 milers over the weekend and I think I am all healed up, but I am really worried that I am sorely under-trained for this race on Sunday. I just really, really, really hope I can finish alright. I am certainly a bit nervous about it, but am really excited for it at the same time. Please keep your fingers crossed that I do it! This is what’s getting me through: “Finishing is better than not finishing, and not finishing is loads better than not trying.” So true….Lawrence, here I come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew you could
I knew you could!!!
I am so proud of you for going the distance! and persevering!
YSM