Monday, July 2, 2007

Let's get physical

This is “d” day 2007. I am officially “dieting”. Yuck. I am normally not a dieter at all (as my size 12 jeans will tell you). I think the last diet I was on was a cabbage soup diet in college. That lasted about 5 days before I was ready to throw any cabbage I spotted against the nearest wall. This is a long time coming, though. While I am back at my pre-pregnancy weight, the body does not match the number. I have lost so much muscle mass and am lumpy in places that shouldn’t be lumpy. My exercise schedule has been less than, well, existent lately. So starting today I am pushing proteins, getting active and drinking tea instead of coffee (my coffee has an equal ratio of coffee: sugar: creamer). I looked briefly into the new Alli diet pills they are pushing in ads. That is until I read the very first side effect, “gas with oily discharge”. Ew. I think I can do 10-20 lbs. myself without any sort of oily discharge issues, thank you. Now if I can just get this Rocky song out of my head…

No comments: