Thursday, July 12, 2007

Peepers

Tomorrow is the day I am getting my eyes fixed. Hooray! I am very excited. I figured out I have relied on these --insert curse word here-- for 21 years. I anticipate a huge feeling of relief and freedom come tomorrow. Although last night I did have a dream that a different doctor who wouldn’t talk to me was going to do my surgery. I kept trying to tell my mom it was a ‘bait and switch’ but could only get out ‘meet and greet’. She didn’t know what I was talking about, obviously, so I convinced her we had to run away. So I guess I am a little more anxious about it than I thought. From what I’ve read it is a very low risk procedure with no real down time. I’ve been instructed to take a nap when I get home and stay out of the pool for a couple weeks. Despite my dream, I am confident in my choice of doctors. He is incredibly nice, competent and one of the best in the area. I feel safe going to him, so wish me luck! And if you need me this weekend, you'll find me at the mall shopping for sunglasses and getting a new haircut.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am anxious too, especially after your dream. I will watch for the bait and switch. I'll knock him down and away we will run.
Can't wait to see those pretty blues without the *&%#+#! glasses in the way. I am envious, but so happy for you. See you tomorrow!
YSM

Jeff Mantel said...

Best of luck Ame.
I can't wait to hear how it goes.
Keep us in the loop.
Ba