Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Lazy Days

Even though it is already Wednesday, I am still thinking about what a wonderful weekend I had. It was good enough to carry me through my busy-ass week. Here’s the rundown of a perfect weekend for me…
Friday night Brian played, so I spent a girlie evening at home. Made a huge batch of Mantel popcorn and watched Memoirs of a Geisha, which was a disappointment compared with the book. I always have a hard time enjoying movies when I’ve read the book. I guess it’s difficult to match the power of one’s own imagination. Oh well, the popcorn was perfect.
Saturday was a gorgeous day, made even better by the fact that Hattie slept from 8:30 to 8:30. Hoo-ray! She’s always been a pretty good sleeper, but typically we’ve had to get up once for a bottle. Her cereal must be sticking to her ribs. Love it. We spent the day lounging and sitting in the sun, interspersed with a small amount of housework and errands. It was lovely.
Saturday night was our date night. We dropped the kid off at 6 and headed down to City Tavern. We shared a bottle of wine, chatted and giggled over awesome steaks. Then we moved outside to their patio area and watched the trains go by. The restaurant is in the freight district, so we had a nice view of downtown and Union Station (one of the coolest buildings in KC, if you ask me). We eventually meandered our way over to Bar Natasha, for a quick drink before (well, not quite before) the cabaret show started. All in all a fantastic, relaxing evening spent with one of my favorite people in the world.
Sunday we slept in again (I love you rice cereal), skipped church (I’ll catch you next week, God) and read the paper over cups of mochas Brian made while Hattie slept. There is nothing better in the world than a lazy Sunday morning. We piddled around the house until mid-afternoon when we headed to Mom and Dad’s for yet another birthday celebration. We had the world’s best tacos and watched the kids run around. They are a lively bunch, and always thoroughly entertain me. I can’t wait until Hattie is old enough to chase after all of them. It’s going to be a treat!
Only 2 more days until we go around again.

No comments: