Tuesday, April 17, 2007

You can't have him

Yesterday was my birthday; 34 years old. Somehow that seems wrong. 34...really? You would think after 34 years that birthdays would lose their luster, but in some ways I am still such a little kid about them. It floats around in my head all day that 'today is my special day'. I don't expect gifts or a parade or anything but I still hang onto my thoughts tightly. I somehow hover, just a millimeter off the ground. Nothing bad sinks in, and nothing great goes without a 'of course, that's because its my day'. Its slightly surreal. Does everyone do this or is it just another little game I play in my head? Anyhow, back to the day....
Brian was wonderful. When I got home from work there were a dozen beautiful peach roses from Hattie (she's good!) and a ring from Brian. It is a silver band engraved with Hattie's name on the outside so you can always see it (he may have had a little hint about this floating in the "Favorites" sidebar of his 'puter). He had also gone to the grocery store and stocked us up, cleaned house and was just generally wonderful. We had shrimp primavera for dinner and shared a bottle of wine. Hattie snuggled with me for an hour before I put her to bed. All in all, a pretty fabulous day. I am the luckiest girl in the world.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday dear girl. It fills my heart to see you so happy.
xoxo
EKP