Friday, April 20, 2007

She is exceptional

Last night Brian and I gave Hattie cereal for the second time. We tried a few weeks ago to lots of crazy faces and cereal making a quick exit the way it went in. Last night was a different story. After just a few spoonfuls, she was getting the hang of it and was even opening her mouth in anticipation of the next bite. It may seem a small thing to most, but its a huge step in my eyes. My girl is growing up. Alright, she's not exactly off to her first day of school or learning to drive, but its a big change for me. She's also grabbing everything now and tasting it. Not biting it like most babies (no teeth yet), but taking a lick. She's funny like that. We can tell when she is getting tired when she starts to lick her wrist. Quirky girl.

On Saturday Hattie is going to Grammy and Grandpas for the evening while Brian and I have a night out to celebrate my birthday. We're heading to City Tavern for dinner (hello, filet mignon with truffles, how I've been waiting...) and we may go see 'Hot Fuzz'. LOVED 'Shaun of the Dead' and Simon Pegg is starring in this one, too. I think the last movie I saw at the theatre was Marie Antoinette about 6 months ago. Can't wait to undistractedly enjoy a flick with the hubby. A very deep, intense movie.

No comments: