Friday, April 13, 2007

Positive Attitude

The weekend has almost arrived and I am excited to sleep in tomorrow. Its funny the tricks I use to get myself out of bed early in the morning; like the hope of getting to snuggle in bed on Saturday with the family, the anticipation of peeking in on Hattie sleeping in her crib, or the coffee I will fix myself at work before doing any sort of work whatsoever. I have found that arriving at 6 or 6:30 gives me some time to 'ease' into my work days more than when the building is full of people and I start off running. That is nice. See? Its all about positive attitude. I am trying very hard to work on that.
Speaking of Hattie sleeping in her crib, it is so cute that she has favorite spots that she will scoot to for comfort. If you face her one direction, she will automatically inch-worm her way into the corner until the top of her head is next to the bumper pads. The other direction is similar, but is just the end and not the corner, so she can stay under her mobile. She loves her mobile. She squeals and talks to it as the little animals make their way above her in a circle. I often wonder what she thinks about at times like those. Is it the familiarity that she enjoys? The Mozart or Beethoven playing? The movement of colors? Who knows. I do know that she is the joy of our lives. It is totally fascinating to watch how far she has already come in 4.5 months. I am so blessed to have this miracle to watch bloom in front of my eyes.

5 comments:

Jeff Mantel said...

Tell Hattie her cousin Luke also likes to scott into the corner of his crib. Last night I laid him down while completely asleep. I walked upstairs, then back down, and in that 30 seconds, he had already gone headfirst into his favorite corner. Funny...

Anonymous said...

Amy you are an AWESOME example of what a good positive attitude is all about. I am learning from you. Seriously!!

Anonymous said...

P. S. I am anonymous because I don't know how to wrk this thing!! Karen :)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you and your positive attitude! You are a great writer also and a wonderful mother. Grandma Katie would be proud of you, too.
YSM

Anonymous said...

Amy, I've loved the pictures that I've received from either you or the proud grandparents, Hattie is beautiful. Since Nick was born I don't think I've played one round of golf without a grandchild story or update. Children are truly a blessing. Thank you for the nice story about Kate, my eyes hadn't welled up in at least 6 hours or so. I think of her constantly.