Monday, April 30, 2007

Shape? What shape?

It’s Monday. Kinda feels like a Monday. Getting ready to head home and take Hattie on another run. We will see how it goes today. We tried 2 ‘runs’ (I use that term incredibly loosely) last week and she was not a happy camper on them. I think maybe the straps in the jogger rub on her neck. Hopefully with some extra padding she will be a happy companion and, more importantly, a distraction for me. I need something to help me along the way because I am completely, utterly and pathetically out of shape. I am all healed after the surgeries and that is the important part, but man am I in sorry a** shape. Last week I made it all of 2 blocks before stopping in a pant. And my legs and knees were sore the next day. What the hell? I mean I know I've never been a marathoner, but really? Sore after THAT? Oh boy, I am old. I may have to stick with the elliptical and aerobics. And maybe those aerobics you can do sitting down…
To all my girlfriends, it was lovely to see you and your families on Saturday. Fun husbands, beautiful kids and close friends. We are so lucky! Love you all!

No comments: