Wednesday, April 11, 2007

With a Twinkle in Her Eye

My Grandma Katie died last week. She was mom of 6, grandma of 13 and a
great-grandma to 15. What a life she had! Dad and I used to joke with
her years ago about how we would put 'bop til you drop' on her
headstone. She lived such a full life. I couldn't
have asked for a more wonderful Grandma - she made each one of us feel
so special, came to every event in my youth and had a giggle so
infectious that I will remember it forever. She was the coolest. At the
funeral yesterday while I was teary-eyed with all the people who loved
her surrounding her and celebrating her, I couldn't help but wonder and
hope if there will be such a send off for me when I go. It made me want
to live my life more fully. Do I need 3 hours of worthless tv viewing a day? I think not.
You were a great lady Kate, and will so be missed.

No comments: