Thursday, May 10, 2007

Queen Bee

This Sunday is Mother’s Day. As a new mom, I have been thinking a lot about motherhood and how fortunate I am to have the epitome of motherhood as my example in life. Mom has taught me more than I could ever realize or begin to express in words. She is “Mom” – protector, provider, nurturer, nurse, friend, confidante, rock. If I can be even half the mother that Mom has been to me, Hattie will be blessed.
She has taught me...
Family is king and always comes first.
Friends are jewels.
Knowledge is strength.
Humility is vital.
Laughter truly is the best medicine.
Learn spelling, grammar and multiplication early, you will always use them.
Mistakes are inevitable, and your honesty about them is essential.
A mother’s arms define tenderness.
Respect comes to those with strong morals.
You must speak up when something is wrong, but maintain your calm & composure.
Babies are for snuggling.
A bad day for you does not necessitate a bad day for everyone.
And most of all…
Life is for living. Enjoy every second and hold on tightly.

Mom, I love you so much that my heart could burst. You are my idol and I wish for you everything in life, you deserve it more than anyone I know. Happy Mother's Day.


"A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary."
-- D.C. Fisher

1 comment:

Jeff Mantel said...

I just wanted to compliment you on your compliments on Mom. You hit the nail on the head.
Outside of that, I wanted to say that Ame, you got game!
You are so good at this blogging thing. Now that I have your site bookmarked (and not just the first post..duh) I will visit and enjoy more often.
Love you
Ba