Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Six Months



Yesterday was Hattie’s six month birthday. I celebrated by having a martini when she was down for her evening nap. It is very rare that I have a martini, and when I do I feel like I should put on pearls, my best swing dress and wait for my darling husband to come home from a long day at the office. Just call me June Cleaver. With liquor. I did relish every drink of that olive concoction, and may have to partake more often...
Speaking of June Cleaver, I’ve been making Hattie’s baby food at home. (I am so domestic.) It’s pretty fun to make and tastes a million times better than the jarred stuff. That stuff is crap with a capitol C. Yuck. It bears no resemblance to the original food at all. Tonight I will be cooking up some sweet potatoes, pears, apples, peas and butternut squash portions (not all together). We’ll see what the girlio thinks of them. So far she’s been into everything but prunes. Who could blame her there, though?

No comments: