Monday, May 7, 2007

Rain, rain, go away...

I am going to start building an ark. It’s been raining forever and is not supposed to stop for another 6 days. I wonder how many basements in KC are doomed at this point. Its crazy! On Sunday I was slated to play in a Corporate Challenge golf tournament and backed out last week to let someone else play who seemed a little more rabid about it (only 2 people are allowed in). For me, it was about drinking beer, hitting some balls and hanging out with a work friend of mine. We got ‘points’ for just showing up and I knew we weren’t going to win it. Well, it stormed like a mother yesterday morning and as I was lying in bed I thought what a wonderful decision it was to back out (check in was at 6:30, to boot). Terrible to think such things, but my bed was extra snuggly yesterday morning.
Brian and I had another wonderful weekend. Friday we met Jeff, Kris, Karrie & Taj at Ponaks for the world’s best margaritas. We then headed back to our house for a game night. It was a blast, but went entirely too quickly. Seemed like we had just gotten started and it was already midnight. I had such a great time…it was fun to have an adults only night to hang out and catch up with some of my most favorite people. The rest of the weekend consisted of birthday parties, Mother’s Day cookouts, and lots of family. Good times.
Today I thought I would give an update on Hattie and her doings these days…
She is 5 ½ months now. We haven’t started her on any veggies yet, but she loves her cereal and giggles halfway through eating it every night. I don’t know if it’s the funny faces I make trying to get a good spoonful in, or if I am tickling her with the spoon when I am cleaning her chin and cheeks, but she loves it. It’s so funny because she typically has a bunch of cereal in her mouth when she starts smiling and laughing, so it looks like she has teeth. I love that giggle…
She is also grabbing and holding toys. I think her teeth are pretty close to coming in – you can feel big bumps on her bottom gum and all toys get chomped on these days. She can roll over from her front to back, but not back to front. This makes it difficult to do ‘tummy time’ which docs recommend for back and neck strength. She has never really liked doing it and now that she can roll over, she does, when put on her belly. I wonder if she will be slow to crawl because of it. We’ll see. She can sit up with a little help keeping her steady. Same with standing. She loves her exersaucer, Bumbo seat, activity gym, crib and her dad. She always has smiles for Brian. It’s so cute…she is definitely daddy’s girl (much to Brian’s delight of course). She does not do a pacifier, but I think will have a woobie. She likes hanging onto blankets when put in her crib.
Overall she is a very happy baby and I could not be more proud.

No comments: