Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Simple

I don’t have much to write about today. As a matter of fact, I don’t have nearly as much to write about in this blog as I thought I would. My life is pretty ordinary I suppose. In a good way. I have a couple of friends (and family) that thrive on chaos in their lives; most of the time utterly self-induced chaos. Brian and I don’t have this chaos. Or want it, for that matter. Sure we’re busy and it is a lot of work raising the most beautiful and gifted child in the world (not biased), but we roll along fairly seamlessly most days. It helps tremendously that we both lean towards homebody-ness, are easily entertained, and parsimonious (there’s your word for the day, kids). We enjoy sharing a bottle of red wine and playing with Hattie more than about anything else in this world. We’re simple folk. Makes it sound like we’re living on a farm in Podunk Kansas somewhere, but the booming metropolis that is Kansas City does elude us most nights. Although this weekend we will become part of the elite of Kansas City when we hit Jazzoo with a vengeance. Roar.

No comments: