Thursday, May 31, 2007

Girl in the bubble

If you are squeamish, skip this post. Really. It is pretty sickening. At least I know I am highly disturbed by it, but maybe it is all just me. Anyway, here goes…
Last night I was prepared to make us a nice, healthy dinner. Grilled chicken, broccoli and whole grains. The grains come in a box from Near East. Alright, here comes the disturbing part, stop if you wish. Last chance. When I opened the box and pulled out the spice packet I noticed something was stuck to it. Figuring it was grains, I tried to brush it into the pan of water. It was not brushing in. I looked closer. It was…..a live maggot. A MAGGOT for f’s sake! In my kitchen! I looked in the box and he had friends, live friends. A nearly threw up and then proceeded to wig out in my kitchen screeching, shaking uncontrollably (still doing it, just writing this) and washing my hands violently. I am not usually so squeamish but maggots are my hugest fear. They.Freak.Me.Out. Completely. Utterly. More than anything else. For my Mom, its snakes. For me, maggots. They make me want to run and shower for hours, burn the house down and start from scratch. Bleach everything. Live in a bubble. Anyhow, after flipping out for several minutes, my dear husband came, cleaned the kitchen and made dinner that included no grains or rice of any sort. Eeeeeew! Am I overreacting? I seriously am still so disgusted by this. I wrote the company this morning. Brian threw out the other 2 boxes in the pantry. I just bought them last week. My girlfriends think I should call the store because it probably happened there, but it was a sealed box, so I don’t see how that could’ve happened at the store. Don’t really want to think about how it happened and am ready to clear my head of the whole thing. That is after I bleach my entire house tonight. Where is my bubble?

1 comment:

Emily said...

puke. you betta right that letter, girl. EW.

:::shudder:::

xoxo
Em