Thursday, June 21, 2007

7 Months

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later. I guess 7 months could be considered ‘later’ –my baby has her first cold/flu. It arrived on her 7 month birthday’s eve. I think I said a hundred times yesterday, ‘poor lil thing’ or ‘poor lil peanut’. Of course to add insult to injury, Brian is also sick AND tonight we are hosting a 50th wedding anniversary surprise dinner for his parents. Great timing. 20 people coming to our germ-infested house for a fancy sit-down dinner. Eeek. I’ve already got the tables out, china placed, 7 pork tenderloins marinating, and two little glassy-eyed snot balls. Oh well, I will Lysol the heck out of the house and hope for the best. I know Brian is so disappointed to be feeling crummy, as his brother and sister in law are in town for the weekend from Houston to surprise his parents. When they are in town he practically lives at his mom and dad’s house for those few days to catch up on lost time. His whole family does. And I know he is so excited to introduce Hattie to them in person. I really hope she can smile through the germs…
She did not sleep well last night, poor lil thing (101). She is so congested that she had a hard time breathing when laying down, was coughing and sneezing, and cried out with every turn in her crib. She was surprisingly happy before bedtime, just moving a little slower than usual and needing more cuddle-time. Of course, this is never a problem for Brian and me. Today may be a very different story with her rotten night. Although, she better be able to step it up tonight for our guests... her show starts at 6:00, poor lil peanut. 102.

No comments: