Friday, June 22, 2007

Blah Blah Blah

Words are falling out of my mouth today. Every once in a while, and way more often than I’d like, I have days where things come flying out of my mouth before my brain can edit them. Today has been one of those days. I don’t think I’ve offended anyone or anything, but I feel like a jackass when I blurt random things out. Sometimes I can cover with ease. Other times, not so much. I wish I had the foresight and intelligence to edit myself or at least the grace and poise to recover when I do say something offensive, wrong, or just plain stupid. But alas, I do not. A rewind button would be nice, but I suspect I would become neurotic with that and always search for the absolute perfect thing when, in life, there is no such thing as perfect. My new goal is to quit revisiting it all and move on. I am pretty good at kicking myself for past wrongs. Not to say I wouldn’t apologize or make amends if something goes terribly wrong with this mouth of mine, but nearly all conversations are fleeting and should remain as such. And I can continue to wish that people only remember the funny, kind and clever things I say. A girl can hope, right?

No comments: