Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Rose Colored Glasses

Well, it’s official. I am getting new eyes. New eyes! I had an appointment on Monday and found that I am a good candidate for lasik surgery. Yes, it’s expensive. Yes, I feel a bit guilty about spending so much money on ‘cosmetic’ surgery, but boy am I excited! No more fumbling for glasses first thing in the morning. No more squinting in the sunlight because I don’t have prescription sunglasses. No more big dents on the sides of my nose. No more little hands deftly trying to grab my glasses clean off my head. It’s going to be great! Everyone I have talked to who’s had it done said it was the best money they ever spent. Let’s hope it holds true for me, too. My surgery is scheduled for Friday, July 13th (no I am not superstitious). It only takes a few minutes and I should immediately see around 20/20; something I haven’t done since elementary school. Hooray! Now if I could just do something about these wrinkles…

1 comment:

Jeff Mantel said...

That is great news. How exciting!