Monday, June 18, 2007

Genuine Smiles and Happy Toes




Friday night Brian, Hattie and I went with my parents to Gardner Lake for a wine cruise at sunset. My Great-Uncle Dick and cousins go every night at 7:00 on their pontoon boat. It was a perfect night for it. We snapped some pics...I especially love the one with Grammy, Grandpa and HP in the evening sunlight.
The rest of the weekend was crazy but good, with birthday parties, Father’s Day events and general busyness. Hattie was a trooper with all of the running around we did. As Brian said the other day, she becomes more and more her own person everyday. This is so true. She definitely has her likes, dislikes and quirks. Right now her quirk is toes. She LOVES toes. Will stretch and strain to get a peek at them, and smiles like they are talking to her. It’s pretty comical. She is sitting up well, and loves the bath tub and high voices. If Brian sings to her falsetto or if I do my Minnie Mouse voice, she giggles at us like we’re nuts. Of course we are, but I am surprised she figured it out so quickly.
Upon waking from naps now, she gets on her tummy and peeks out her door. We get giant smiles when she sees us coming. That is my favorite smile, I must admit. Tired eyes, stretched neck and genuine happiness. It makes my heart melt every time. I have loved her from the start, but it grows exponentially every single day. Every day as she becomes more her own person.

No comments: