Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Chompers


The pic does not lie. Our girl has teeth. And they are razor sharp. I can’t imagine those little things bumping against my top gums all day long. Ouch. No wonder she’s been ‘not herself’ (mama’s nice way of saying crabby) in the evenings. This and the fact she’s decided only one nap a day will do. No young one, it will not do. For all of us, please take two. We love your 11 hour nights, but please give us one more during the day. Mama needs it just as much as you do.
We took her to the park on Sunday. We sat by the water and watched the sailboats and ducks. Well, Brian and I sat by the water and watched the sailboats; HP watched the grass and her dad’s sunglasses most of the day. Before long she will be begging us to take her out there to feed the ducks. There are so many things like that I look forward to experiencing with her. Zoo trips, days at the pool, roller coasters, bike rides, camping adventures, Colorado trips, beach days, and Disney World. Already watching her discover something new makes me light up like a candle. And these are small things, like noticing her toes or watching a bird in the sky. This will only become more magnified as she grows and we witness the joy of discovery together. It makes me appreciate life in a whole new way. She makes me appreciate life in a whole new way. Thanks, Hattie Pearl. I can’t wait to continue our ride together.

No comments: