Monday, August 13, 2007

Koko, High Five

Last week a sales rep came in to meet with me briefly about some (expensive) lab equipment I had ordered. The meeting took all of 10 minutes. When the rep got up to leave and we were saying our goodbyes, he put his fist out to give me the “knuckle bump” or whatever the hell you call it. What the? Are handshakes becoming passé? I had met this person once prior to the meeting. I must say it threw me totally off guard, as I customarily put my hand into handshake position when I saw him lifting his hand. It was awkward and really annoyed me, quite frankly. If you are afraid of germs, skip the handshake and I won’t care a bit. But I did not just score the winning point in the big game, so save the high five-type crap for your homeys. Guess I have a new pet peeve. At least I rarely hear "Git er done" (ew.) anymore, so that's a bonus for the pet peeve department.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen sister!! Makes me crazy too!!