Monday, August 6, 2007

Spray This

Had a busy but fun weekend. Parties, cooking, and loads of power washing. We borrowed my cousin’s power washer to clean our patio in preparation for our new screened porch being installed this week. I was AMAZED at the difference. I never realized how black the concrete was. My first swipe over it looked like an oreo cookie. It made it fun to do…I love cleaning when I can see progress like that. (Hmm, maybe that will be my excuse to go longer in between house cleanings…) I had so much fun doing it that by the end I had sprayed our lawn furniture, garage, driveway, grills, lawn mower, and just about anything else I could find (damn neighbor’s cat wouldn’t come near me). I spent a total of about 5 hours doing it and my forearms could tell you as much. Ouch.
As I mentioned, we are having a porch put on this week off our kitchen. I can’t wait for it to be done. I have been feeling guilty that Hattie does not go outside as often as she should, which means none of us do. She still hates her jogging stroller, so I have resorted to working out to the exercise channel when she takes naps. The jogging stroller thing still makes no sense to me for a kid that likes to take car rides and loves to be outside. ??? But I digress. Our backyard is extremely buggy and there is not a good place to hang out right now. But this will not be the case by next week! We are hoping to make it very “room-like” – half walls painted white with screened tops, a good ceiling fan and sisal carpet. I anticipate spending tons of time out there. Will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Emily said...

HA! Peter and I had the same experience when we powerwashed a few months ago. It's SO fun to see such extreme results. We were scurring around trying to find stuff to spray.